Please note: Following a decision by the Curracag Committee to streamline their online presence an announcement was made at the AGM on 8th February 2017 that this forum will be closing. The date of closure will be the 28th February. All discussion will now take place on the Curracag Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/curracag

If you are particularly interested in birds, in light of the Curracag decision, Outer Hebrides Birds has totally re-vamped their website and will now contain details of sightings, photographs, discussion and a number of resources for birds and birding in the Outer Hebrides. Please head to Outer Hebrides Birds where sign up/registration for users is open. As well as sign up using traditional methods OHB also have the facility for you to sign up/sign in using your Facebook or Twitter account.

1st "Hebridean Naturalist" magazine Vol 1 No1/2

This section is for anything about the Outer Hebrides that you may wish to discuss.
Crex Crex

1st "Hebridean Naturalist" magazine Vol 1 No1/2

Post by Crex Crex » 05 Jun 2012, 19:05

I have come into possession of what I believe to be one of the first issues of the "Hebridean Naturalist" summer/winter 1978, Vol 1 No1/2. Contents: foreword by Dr John Morton Boyd, Immigration and Extinctions by Timothy Reed and Edward Grey, The Birds of North Rona and Sula Sgeir by Peter G H Evans, The Stornoway Woods by W A J Cunningham, Friend or Foe by S. Angus, Winkles in the Uists by Shelagh Downie, Peat and its Associated Pleasures by Janet Crummy, Duns by Joanna Close-Brooks, Airport extension by S.Angus, A walk on North Uist by Gerald Ponting, Eagle Mobbed by Buzzard by Ena Smith. Also, late news, editorial, N.C.C. Castal Survey, Oyster breakthrough in Uig, Western Isles Symposium, Archaeology for the public, Nature Consevancy post for the Western Isles, Of Lizards Hedgehogs and other New Beasties, Members Library, Biological Recording in Vice-Country 110, Honorary Membership, Book Review and Instructions to Authors. I recall in the recent past that somebody was inquiring about early copies for reference or duplication or purchase. You can respond direct to my Email on ericblair103@btinternet.com