Please note: Following a decision by the Curracag Committee to streamline their online presence an announcement was made at the AGM on 8th February 2017 that this forum will be closing. The date of closure will be the 28th February. All discussion will now take place on the Curracag Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/curracag

If you are particularly interested in birds, in light of the Curracag decision, Outer Hebrides Birds has totally re-vamped their website and will now contain details of sightings, photographs, discussion and a number of resources for birds and birding in the Outer Hebrides. Please head to Outer Hebrides Birds where sign up/registration for users is open. As well as sign up using traditional methods OHB also have the facility for you to sign up/sign in using your Facebook or Twitter account.

Greenland Barnacle Goose Survey

News about wildlife-related events in the Outer Hebrides.
Paul
Curracag Member
Curracag Member

Greenland Barnacle Goose Survey

Post by Paul » 27 Jan 2013, 09:48

Carl Mitchell of WWT has been in touch with me about this National Survey.
Carl will be undertaking aerial counts in UIst on 16/17 March & has asked me to do ground counts on mainland North Uist as they often stuggle to do these from the air.
Is anyone else interested in assisting?
Paul

Gwen
Curracag Member
Curracag Member

Re: Greenland Barnacle Goose Survey

Post by Gwen » 30 Jan 2013, 20:59

Hi Paul,
I'd be happy to help out, but busy on morning of Saturday 16th March.
What time would it be?
And would you give me places to check or a route to follow like with the Greylag count?
Gwen

Paul
Curracag Member
Curracag Member

Re: Greenland Barnacle Goose Survey

Post by Paul » 31 Jan 2013, 14:32

Thanks for repying Gwen & also for raising the idea that people might want to assist but not put that info out on the forum. If anyone does feel this then please feel free to email me at prboyer96c@aol.com.
The only areas to be covered are Baleshare, Knockline, Paiblesgarry, Balranald, Bayhead Reseeds, Vallay, Sollas, Grenitote, Trumisgarry, Clachan & Berneray.
I normally start at Baleshare & end up at Berneray so timing is not too critical & yes it's just counting legs & dividing by two.
Paul