Please note: Following a decision by the Curracag Committee to streamline their online presence an announcement was made at the AGM on 8th February 2017 that this forum will be closing. The date of closure will be the 28th February. All discussion will now take place on the Curracag Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/curracag

If you are particularly interested in birds, in light of the Curracag decision, Outer Hebrides Birds has totally re-vamped their website and will now contain details of sightings, photographs, discussion and a number of resources for birds and birding in the Outer Hebrides. Please head to Outer Hebrides Birds where sign up/registration for users is open. As well as sign up using traditional methods OHB also have the facility for you to sign up/sign in using your Facebook or Twitter account.

Moth night 2014

Moths and Butterflies, just chat or ask for help on identification
Paul
Curracag Member
Curracag Member

Moth night 2014

Post by Paul » 03 Jul 2014, 09:30

Triple Spotted Clay.jpg
Triple Spotted Clay
Drinker Moth.jpg
Drinker Moth
National Moth night is supposed to be between 3 & 5 July but given the weather forecast I did mine last night!! & caught 79 moths of 23 species
Beautiful Golden Y 1, Bright-line-brown-eye 3, Dark Arches 2, Double Lobed 2, Drinker Moth 1, Elephant Hawkmoth 1, Flame Carpet I, Flame Shoulder 4, July Highflyer 2, Map-winged Swift 1, May Highflyer 3, Middle-barred Minor 4, Mottled Beauty 3, Poplar Hawk-moth 2, Six striped Rustic 2, Small Square Spot 1, Smokey Wainscot 1, The Magpie 29, The Snout 13, Triple Spotted Clay 1, True Lover's Knot 1.
Overall not a bad haul as it was a bit breezy

YvonneB

Re: Moth night 2014

Post by YvonneB » 03 Jul 2014, 19:34

Nice selection of moths Paul! - and definitely a good move to put the trap out last night. I was going to put ours out tonight but forecast is not good! Hopefully tomorrow...