Please note: Following a decision by the Curracag Committee to streamline their online presence an announcement was made at the AGM on 8th February 2017 that this forum will be closing. The date of closure will be the 28th February. All discussion will now take place on the Curracag Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/curracag

If you are particularly interested in birds, in light of the Curracag decision, Outer Hebrides Birds has totally re-vamped their website and will now contain details of sightings, photographs, discussion and a number of resources for birds and birding in the Outer Hebrides. Please head to Outer Hebrides Birds where sign up/registration for users is open. As well as sign up using traditional methods OHB also have the facility for you to sign up/sign in using your Facebook or Twitter account.

Moth Photo Galleries

Moths and Butterflies, just chat or ask for help on identification
YvonneB

Moth Photo Galleries

Post by YvonneB » 25 May 2012, 15:53

If it would be helpful for people with their moth identification i have now made my own "Moth Albums" publicly available. I update them with new species periodically.

Here are the links to the macro moths:-

Geometridae

Noctuidae

Other macro moths

Please note the albums are not complete as i'm sure i have many more species to record yet, and there are always "the ones that got away"
If you do notice any errors please let me know :)

YvonneB

Micro moths

Post by YvonneB » 25 May 2012, 15:54

Here is the link to the micro moth album:-

Micro moths

Paul
Curracag Member
Curracag Member

Re: Moth Photo Galleries

Post by Paul » 26 May 2012, 19:57

Are all these photos taken in Uist?
Paul

YvonneB

Re: Moth Photo Galleries

Post by YvonneB » 26 May 2012, 21:18

Hi Paul

No, the photos are all moths that can be found in the UK as a whole - they have been taken in Uist, Hertfordshire, Shropshire (i always take the moth trap when visiting family there) and in Gibraltar - when staying at the Strait of Gibraltar Bird Observatory the trap goes out every night and i addded any species caught there that can also be found in the UK to the albums, for instance the Crimson Speckled, Scar Bank Gem, Gregson's Dart and the Death's-head Hawk-moth all unusual moths in the UK were trapped in Gibraltar.

I've only been mothing in Uist the last couple of years, i guess as i gain more experience here and collect more local images i could make a specific Uist album.

Cheers

Yvonne