Please note: Following a decision by the Curracag Committee to streamline their online presence an announcement was made at the AGM on 8th February 2017 that this forum will be closing. The date of closure will be the 28th February. All discussion will now take place on the Curracag Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/curracag

If you are particularly interested in birds, in light of the Curracag decision, Outer Hebrides Birds has totally re-vamped their website and will now contain details of sightings, photographs, discussion and a number of resources for birds and birding in the Outer Hebrides. Please head to Outer Hebrides Birds where sign up/registration for users is open. As well as sign up using traditional methods OHB also have the facility for you to sign up/sign in using your Facebook or Twitter account.

Island Life Magazine

Discuss anything do do with the natural world in the Outer Hebrides that doesn't come within the previous categories
virtualheb

Island Life Magazine

Post by virtualheb » 16 May 2012, 16:49

Hi all

Just to say that the Stornoway gazette's annual Island Life Magazine is now about - and if anyone has seen it, maybe you might have noted that the front cover, has a picture on it of a lone white horse on Luskentyre beach. Perhaps I shouldnt be so bold, but there was a competition for photos that were to appear in the magazine - and on the front cover, photos were to depict "Island Life" - and I was so chuffed, to be told that my picture had "won". That lovely horse - who I beleive is called "Belle" was just wandering along the beach - no one else on the beach - just us and the horse on a lovely November day, I just had to take the shot

Chris
www.virtualheb.co.uk

YvonneB

Re: Island Life Magazine

Post by YvonneB » 16 May 2012, 16:53

Hi Chris

I'll have a look out for the magazine - very well done on getting your photo on the front! Nothing quite like the pleasure of seeing your images in print is there :)

Yvonne